OUR MISSION: To foster, promote, and inspire health excellence to the people of Northern Minnesota.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Top 10 Reasons to Get Your Spine Checked
10. The times that you need your spine the most will be the time that it will tend to give out on you. If you neglect your spine and nervous system, you can be sure that when you need it the most due to stress, physical activity, business or pleasure travel, it can give out on you. Extra stress on a weakened spine and nervous system can overload your system and contribute to health problems. Lifestyle Care can keep you healthy and prevent these inconvenient episodes from putting a damper on your life.
9. Nerve pressure can exist without pain. According to the research, pain is not a good indicator of how healthy or unhealthy your spine and nervous system are. Spinal examinations such as posture, weight balance, palpation, muscle testing, computer scans and x-rays are much better indicators. Pain is usually the last to show up and the first to be relieved when you begin chiropractic care.
8. Nerves supply your whole body. Your spine protects your nerve system, the master control center of your body. Vital energy flows over your nerves and communications with every cell. Nerve pathways must be clear for the messages to get through. If you have an uncorrected spinal problem, it can cause a decrease in the function of vital organs and systems, and lead to unecessary pain or health problems.
7. Deterioration can begin within 2 weeks. Researchers found that when the spine is misaligned it can begin to deteriorate within 2 weeks. Think about how many two weeks have passed since you were born, which is often when the first spinal injury or vertebral subluxation occurs. How many two weeks are there from a childhood fall to age 50? Is it any wonder why more than 15 million people are diagnosed with osteoarthritis each year? Don't wait another 2 weeks for a check up.
6. Your quality of life depends on a healthy spine. If you want to be healthy and active as you age, your spine and nervous system must be healthy. Period.
5. The straw will break the camel's back. We’ve all heard the expression “the straw that broke the camel’s back.” This is so true for too many people who ignore minor spinal problems. One day they do something simple, like bend down to tie their shoe, and they can’t get up. Major problems are much more painful and expensive to care for, and they can ruin your day, or even worse, your life.
4. Grandma and Grandpa didn't get crooked overnight. They grew that way over time. Over time, the spine and nervous system deteriorates, not because of age, but because of subluxations. Just like the tires on your car wear down unevenly when they are misaligned, the same can happen in your spine. You may have some areas in your spine that look and feel like they are 80 years old while you have other areas that are more like a 30 year old. You can keep your entire spine healthy with chiropractic Lifestyle Care.
3. Good posture keeps you young and attractive. When your body becomes bent over and crooked, you will look and feel old and decrepit. If you keep your posture and your spine straight and strong, you will stay healthier and feel younger and more attractive. People often use drastic measures to preserve their youthful appearance as they age. Don’t you think a facelift would look silly on a person whose spine and nervous system were neglected?
2. You can't afford to get sick or injured. Now more than ever, you cannot afford to get sick. Crisis care costs are astronomical and an unhealthy spine and nervous system can be the cause of many problems. Getting your spine and nervous system checked and adjusted regularly can help you stay healthier and save you money in the long run.
1. Because you were born. Everybody deserves to be healthy from the time they are born through their last breathe of life. This includes you. Too many people wait until they have intense pain and suffering before they make their health a priority. Don't let this happen to you.